Australia is a leading global education powerhouse with some of the world’s best facilities and educators, providing local and international students with a range of quality study options. But don’t just take our word for it: here are some interesting statistics from the experts showing why Australian education system is so highly regarded globally.
- It is 3rd most popular international student destination in the world despite having a population of only 23 million.
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian.
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia
- Australian Universities feature in the top 50 ranked universities in the world in all the study areas.
- Australian Government invests more than $200 million annually on international scholarship.
- Australia provides 22,000 courses and has 1,100 institutions.
- The Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) is a national policy that ensures there is a uniform and recognized progression for study. The framework was introduced in 1995 and includes secondary school, higher education, and vocational education and training (VET) courses.
- Australia offers an educational experience that makes a real difference. It provides a unique kind of education and a learning style that encourages one to be innovative, creative and think independently.
- Graduates from Australia are very successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide.
- Additionally, they are readily accepted for postgraduate study at leading international universities.
Study In Australia
There are various visas that you can apply for to study in Australia which depend on the type of study you choose to undertake.
- School Sector visa (subclass 571)
- Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)
- Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573)
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (subclass 574)
- Non Award Sector visa (subclass 575)
- Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)
There are several types of student visas for Australia; the one you need depends on the type of study you are planning to undertake.
You are required to lodge your application for a visa at least 12 weeks before the orientation date at your institution.
You will need the following documents for your visa application:
- Visa application form (which your education counsellor will help you complete)
- Visa application fee
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Valid passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (once your counsellor has applied to institutions for you)
- IELTS result (your counsellor can book your place in an English test)
- Academic and work experience documents
- Statement of purpose
- Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare).
- On lodging of your visa application, we will download the medical forms. You will need to undergo a medical examination by a doctor and have the forms completed.
More information for students
In some cases is it possible for family members of a student visa holder to stay with them in Australia. If you would like to learn more about this please see Bringing your family with you. For more useful information on student visas you can mail your queries to email@example.com.